Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
eBooks (electronic books) are digital items that you can access using any computer or device with an internet connection and a web browser. Once you create an EBSCO account, your eBooks can be annotated, highlighted, organized in folders, cited instantly, and searched for keywords.
These helpful features make eBooks a great choice for researching a topic or finding important passages instantly.
Most e-readers are capable of downloading items from our eBook Collection (click here for instructions on downloading an eBook).
Books and Ebooks at HCTC Libraries
Search our online library catalog. You can use Library Search to find books, DVDs, articles, videos, and more at HCTC Libraries or any of the sixteen KCTCS libraries.
You can also access our ebooks as you would other books--through the KCTCS Library Catalog.
Find eBooks on EBSCOhost
- Go to EBSCOhost
- Scroll down and select eBook Academic Collection
- For more eBooks, you can also search the basic eBook collection on EBSCOhost.
EBSCOhost eBook Collection books have the exact words or image of the orginal text in HTML or PDF format. You can also access our ebooks as you would other books--through the KCTCS Library Catalog.
Locating eBooks in Primo
HOW TO FIND EBOOKS IN PRIMO
- Go to the HCTC Libraries homepage: https://hazard.kctcs.edu/current-students/student-resources/library/index.aspx
- Type the search word or keyword into the search box and click Go!
- On the right side of the results screen, click the arrow next to Subject to expand the submenu.
- Select Electronic Books.
- To access a specific title from the results list, click the item title.
- Beneath View Online, click the link for Hazard Users.
- Students will be redirected to the database where the eBook is linked.
- For off-campus access students will need to enter their KCTCS email and password when prompted.
- For any issues accessing the databases, direct students to our online guide “Accessing HCTC Libraries' Databases (Troubleshooting Login & Proxy)” https://hazard.kctcs.libguides.com/database/troubleshooting
How to Search EBSCO eBook Collection
Google Books Search
Google Books has previews of books and full-view books. Use the Advanced Search feature to choose Full-View.
Google Books Search
Samuel Wheeler talks about using Google Book Search to discover and
refine his research of a famous U.S. President's little known pastime:
the poetry of Abraham Lincoln.